If you are planning on iPad app development then below mentioned facts will help you make an informed decision about it.
- As per ABI research, tablet owners will download nearly 14 billion applications in 2013, and interestingly Apple’s iPad will have the highest number of app downloads with a staggering share of 75 per cent (or 10.5 billion app downloads) eclipsing Android’s mere 17 per cent (or 2.4 billion app downloads) and others.
- Apple’s iPad continues to sustain its lion’s share in the Tablet Market. (See the image below)
- You will find more statistics at Statista
- iPad application development fascinates fortune 500 companies too. If we go by an article published by the The Next Web in Oct 2011, 92% of them were either testing or deploying iPad apps.
- Flurry which measures monthly usage on more than billion active smart mobile devices believes that iPad is well suited to browsing the mobile web and is likely the cause of Safari’s dominance in US mobile consumers.
- As per Flurry android consumers use apps 40% less than iPhone and iPad users Also its data is in line with its earlier studies showing that the iPad accounts for more than 80 percent of tablet network usage, despite only accounting for about half of tablet sales.
- “Sustained demand for the iPad mini and increasingly strong commercial shipments led to a better-than expected first quarter for Apple,” said Tom Mainelli, Research Director, Tablets at IDC.
- Apple App Store is available in 155 countries.
- Gartner expects tablet sales to grow from 63.64 million units in 2011 to 326.3 million in 2015.